Phillips Ostrander Property

Historic Line of Ownership by deeds in the Sheldon Town Hall

Land purchased by William Green from Peckham on 8/21/1826
On 1/2/1849 A M Brown purchased the land and house
On 5/8/1858 R G and Laura S Deming purchased
On 12/7/1889 Fannie L and E M Brown purchased
On 12/3/1937 Fredrick and Elizabeth Swizler purchased
On 6/8/1948 Tom and Leona Phillips bought the property
On 10/24/1995 Conrad and Suzette Benoit bought
On 8/14/2018 Jordon and Alexis Ostrander purchased it


1982 Vermont Division For Historic Preservation Sheldon Survey

Owner: Tom Phillips built c 1845
L shaped gable front, 2 1/2 story Greek Revival gabled block and 1 1/2 story ell. Clapboarded, box cornice, wide frieze board, heavy recessed paneled corner pilasters. Mostly 1/1 replacement sash. Granite foundation. Ell: 2 gabled dormers with box cornices, corner pilasters, 6/3 sash. Ell porch: c 1900 shed-roofed, with pediment in ell-angle, round posts sit on solid fish sale-shingled apron. Hexagonal bay windows on ell, south. 2 story hexagonal bay window on North has bracketed cornice
Also on this property is a c 1900 horse barn