Perry Property

Historic Line of Ownership by deeds in the Sheldon Town Hall

Prior to 1795 this land was part of the Sheldon Estate
On 5/30/1795 sold the land to Samuel Shattuck
He owned the property until 1851 and may have built the house
On 6/20/1851 D D Wead purchased the property owned until 1873
On 10/8/1873 R A and C S Shattuck purchased the property
On 4/11/1888 Julius and Jennie Marvin owned the home
On 10/24/1912 Myra Tillotson purchased staying until 1979
Gardner and Martha Perry purchased from Tillotson on 10/12/1979
Timothy Commings and Sarah King bought it on 12/23/2014



1982 Vermont Division For Historic Preservation Sheldon Survey

Owner: Gerald Perry Built c 1885
L-shaped, generally unadorned house: 2 1/2 story, 4×3 bay, clapboarded and gabled. Open eaves. 2/2 sash. Frieze and corner boards. Unusual bungaloid porch: hip roof with exposed rafter ends, paired or triple battered square posts. Flared wood-shingled apron. Lean-to addition on North

Property also contains a 1 1/2 story horse barn built c 1885