Old Congo Church Town Hall

Historic Line of Ownership by deeds in the Sheldon Town Hall

Built in 1862
Land purchased from J W Sheldon April 1, 1860
May 21, 1925 the Congreational Church granted the building to the Town of Sheldon to be used as a town hall or meeting place
Although it shows up on the 1982 survey, as seen on the right< it was already beginning to show signs of neglect and was town down in 1985 or 86



1982 Vermont Division For Historic Preservation Sheldon Survey

Owner: Town of Sheldon Built 1865
Originally the Congregational Church, the structure was sold to the town c 1925 and converted to the Town Hall. The original tower is gone, as are many details. 3×4 bay, 1 1/2 story gable-fronted Asbestos siding. Large box cornice with returns, wide plain frieze board. 6/6 or 6/6/6 on front sash with simple surrounds. Entry: pair of echinus-molded 6 panel doors set in a tribulated surround. Concrete foundation and steps



Additional photos of demolition to follow