Welcome To

 


 

Our Events
The Bridges at North Sheldon
A 180 feet long covered bridge was constructed at North Sheldon about 1860. It served the Town of Sheldon until it was destroyed in the flood of 1927.
 

 

The State of Vermont with the Town of Sheldon constructed this Parker through truss bridge over Missisquoi River on Kane Road at North Sheldon in 1928 (right after the flood of 1927) It continues to be maintained since its rehabilitated 1980

Length of largest span: 175.9 ft.
Total length: 180.1 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.5 ft.

Photo Taken May 2017